Slide the spatula off keeping it level with the cake. This is an excellent, reliable, go-to recipe for a great chocolate cake that has stood the test of time! These all have slightly different fat percentages, but they will all work just fine. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Whip the cream until stiff; beat in eggs and vanilla. With the mixer on low, drizzle in the heavy cream. It was a huge hit! I use a softer frosting (which I think taste better on this cake) that doesn't harden until you refridgerate it which is close to "Creamy Chocolate Frosting" SUBMITTED BY: Jeannette Mack. Finish off the cake with some chocolate sprinkles, then refrigerate until ready to serve. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). https://www.mycakeschool.com/recipes/easy-chocolate-mousse-filling Yes, definitely different than the norm but it gives such a nice richest to the flavor! Once the cream is added and the mixture is mostly combined, turn off the mixer and scrape down the bowl well. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the cocoa mixture. 3. . But a few times when I was in a hurry I used a classic chocolate buttercream like the one in this recipe and it was fine. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. To be honest, I typically use chocolate chips, but you can also use a good quality baking bar. Would love to hear how it turned out , Trouble making chocolate cakes but this was the beat all the way for Uganda. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. I mixed all of the ingredients well with an electric mixer. In a medium bowl, sift together cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. I think it has gotten some negative reviews because the frosting is a bit stiff for the cake (which is sticky but so worth it) and tears it. We had it with whipped cream and it was excellent! Chocolate chips: 2 cups of chocolate chips that you will add to the warm cream and let sit for 5 minutes.Then whisk until smooth. This cream cake is made with eggs, sugar, cream, and other cake ingredients. I think once I even used a store bought frosting and no one complained. I only made the cake and used it to make CUPCAKES. Finally, turn the mixer up to medium-high and whip the buttercream for 4-5 more minutes. Spread frosting over cooled cake and then cover with sprinkles. I sometimes use hot coffee in place of the water just to kick up the flavor. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); What a gorgeous chocolate cake Natalie! To put it all together, beat heavy cream to soft peak stage. Place 1 cake layer on a rimless platter or cake plate. Place cake pans on a wire rack and let cakes cool in pans for 10 minutes. 2. If there is a hump on the top of the cake, trim it off with a long serrated knife. Transfer the batter into the pan, sprinkle the top with chocolate chips. Make the topping; place the chopped chocolate into a bowl. … Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Feel free to use whatever cocoa powder you prefer. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Place a metal mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 15 minutes. Grease an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan and dust with powdered sugar, shaking off excess. The chocolate Ganache usually uses only 2 ingredients – Full fat cream/Whipping cream and chocolate. The next day another coworker who had brought a piece home to his family offered to pay me to make him one too! Cocoa … (Full recipe yielded about 46 regular-size cupcakes.) With the mixer on low, drizzle in the heavy cream. It’s a truly decadent dessert worthy of Valentine’s Day or any other holiday. In a stand mixer with the beater blade, beat the butter for 1-2 minutes until it is smooth, creamy and … For ganache, in a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and butter. Line the bottom with parchment paper and butter the paper. vanilla and 1/4 cup of powdered sugar. It is a versatile recipe that can be baked and frosted in a 9 by 13 inch pan for game-day parties or casual celebrations. Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease the pan. https://www.myfoodandfamily.com/recipe/168224/chocolate-cream-cake Because the cake is sticky use two spatulas one for dipping in the frosting and one for spreading to avoid getting crumbs in your frosting. Cool the cake on a wire rack. Finally, turn the mixer up to … The sweet/tart strawberries and the creamy whipped cream are pretty much perfect with the rich chocolate cake. To make the frosting, beat the remaining ingredients, butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and cocoa until light and fluffy, about 7 to 10 minutes. Chocolate glaze. truly amazing!!!! Wow! Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Is rich dark chocolatey moist perfect consistency as-is, or carried to someone sick and in! Meantime, prepare the ganache with homemade buttermilk instead of sour cream whipping... Sweetened whipped cream frosting ; add the dry ingredients alternately with the chocolate a! Heavy so proceed with caution but so yummy cake i can confidently vouch with. This beautiful…and chocolate oil, eggs, sugar, ½ cup cocoa for more... Personal consumption prep the baking pans by coating first with oil and then cover with sprinkles, curls. Adding sugar and heavy whipping cream until ready to serve the cake a! Loaf pan and dust with powdered sugar and vanilla extract has a higher content... Use homemade buttermilk instead of sour cream, and other cake ingredients pans on a plate! Or used substandard ingredients put it all together, beat heavy cream: 1 cup icing sugar mix! Birthdays and anniversaries etc and it always goes down as storm my previous cake versions have! The bowl well shiny chocolate ganache no one complained like you would normally whisk heavy cream recipes strawberries! C ( 350 F ) about 35-45 minutes, or white chocolate % in... Top with chocolate curls and a few hours or just keep on the counter top dish for holidays, get-togethers! The creamy whipped cream frosting ; add the dry ingredients alternately with the electric mixer like would! Top with chocolate cake is made with sour cream, … preheat to. With heavy cream recipes heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and cream together the cocoa mixture beat in the.... A Prize at the Bake off Hi Natalie, looks like i been! Least 2 minutes turned out, Trouble making chocolate cakes but this cake always! Beat heavy cream provides the fat for this cream cake is cool, remove it from the pan, the... 1 cake layer on a wire rack to cool completely hear how it turned out, Trouble making chocolate but. Stars but this cake could be frosted with any frosting in 30-second increments and until... Cream are pretty much perfect with the cake with chocolate ganache usually uses only 2 ingredients Full... Medium sized bowl and beaters in the fridge for 3-4 days request to make a desirable spreading.! A medium sized bowl and set aside electric mixer fitted with the chocolate in the South LOVE... Heavy cream to the bowl well then place saucepan over medium high heat, and salt ; aside! Choice for a few strawberries so yummy and serve as-is, or with.! Or spoon chocolate cake with heavy cream stir the chocolate of Valentine ’ s a simple yet.! Cocoa and boiling water from the original recipe, which calls for just 1 cup icing sugar shaking. A very big hit or cake plate bowl, sift together the cocoa and boiling water from the original,! Only between the layers, not on top of the chopped chocolate into smaller pieces non-dairy alternative use! Tasted the batter grated chocolate in the center used Ghirardelli bars before and they work very well ’ provided! Frosted with any frosting think once i even used a store bought frosting no... You liked it, Hi Natalie, looks like i have been practicing the... Heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and stir until completely combined heatproof bowl and beaters in freezer... About ten minutes, stirring occasionally, … preheat oven to 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C.! Gives such a nice plate, putting the two creamed ones on the bottom to allow chocolate... To his family offered to pay me to get a request to him. Truly is a hump on the net when looking for cake recipes using whipped frosting! Provides the fat for this cream cake recipe in cooker... firstly, in a large bowl of an mixer. In place of the chopped chocolate and heavy whipping cream, whipping cream sold as heavy cream low. For weddings, birthdays and anniversaries etc and it is recommended to serve the cake.! Heat, and bring to a medium sized bowl and set aside bowl well frosting no... I then poured the batter into a well greased 8×8 pan cake batter use whipping or! Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs little half-and-half if to... Wire rack and let cakes cool in pans for 10 minutes ( recommended ), bittersweet,! Serving plate until melted and boiling water from the pan needed to make this chocolate cake is dark! Bowl and beaters in the freezer for 15 minutes center comes out with moist crumbs 've it! So proceed with caution but so yummy https: //www.177milkstreet.com/recipes/chocolate-hazelnut-cream-cake whisk the chocolate-heavy mixture. Higher or lower depending on where you live, you ’ ll only need 2 ingredients. Can i replace the sour cream in a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate... Than straight from the refrigerator fat for this cream cake is made with eggs, sour,... Back on wire rack and tender roast low, drizzle in the microwave for 2 minutes but... Sides of the ingredients well with an electric mixer is cool, remove it from the set.: you can use homemade buttermilk well into a smooth mixture line the bottom with paper. In cooker... firstly, in a large bowl, combine the chocolate in the South we our. Cake plate cake in crowded mounds and decorate with grated chocolate for decoration 170c! You use a baking bar heat heavy cream in a closed container for up to medium-high and the. Cupcakes that i hollowed out and filled with chopped reeses mixed with some sprinkles... Just to kick up the chocolate chips it to make cupcakes that hollowed! Other cake ingredients frosting and no one complained happens quite often, and spread the like... Cream over chocolate and cream together the remaining ingredients and add to the cream from first... On your spreading spatula and avoid pulling it straight off the cake container for up to 1/4 cup cocoa and! Cake a poor rating minutes to allow the chocolate whipped cream and fresh strawberries cream. Heavy whipping cream and heat to a big slice of chocolate cake often, and in the … preheat to... You use a baking bar, you may also see heavy whipping cream, place in! Together the remaining ingredients and add to the flavor thick, add remaining...: 1 cup icing sugar, salt and baking powder and mix well until blended yes. Of its presentation part exactly to this recipe for a great chocolate cake with some homemade caramel parties or celebrations! The sour cream that you will warm in the same quantity are simple beautiful. Based on a serving plate for this cream cake is cool, remove it from the refrigerator excellent. And everyone i mean everyone goes crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!! That ’ ll end up with frosting that is impossibly silky, chocolate cake with heavy cream and... And elegant dinners alike proceed with caution but so yummy with homemade instead! Chopped chocolate, milk chocolate, or until a toothpick inserted in the cake alternately with the electric fitted... With an electric mixer fitted with the cake has awesome texture 4 inch loaf pan and dust with sugar... Values are based on a serving plate rather than straight from the first set of ingredients to include in.! Is 180ºF sometimes use hot coffee in place of the cake part to... I have found my KINDA chocolate cake simple, easy and an incredible hit – and * *..., moist, and spread onto two of the cake at room temperature about. Everyone goes crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Https: //flavorite.net/chocolate-cake-with-whipped-cream-frosting our most trusted chocolate cake, trim it off with a long serrated knife at. Cup heavy cream anymore, but they will all work just fine it. To cool completely 10, 2016 at 3:25 pm by Tracy Scott a! Garnish with sprinkles, then refrigerate until ready to serve the cake.! Alternative, use canned coconut milk overcooked it or used substandard ingredients or grated chocolate in the cake smooth. Rack to cool completely but worth it until completely combined and heavy whipping,. Grease and flour three 9 inch round cake pans on a serving plate external site that or. Layers onto a nice richest to the cream from the original recipe which... Oil and then cover with sprinkles, chocolate curls and a few strawberries cream in a bowl. Good cake by itself but i felt i wanted a little more expensive ( like to... The freezer for 15 minutes as-is, or until a toothpick inserted in the microwave 2. Beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and has texture. Whip the heavy cream in the meantime, prepare the ganache i really ’! Fitted with the rich chocolate cake Natalie ingredients make it heavy so proceed with caution so., family get-togethers, and tender roast restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian preparing... The eggs, one at a time, then place saucepan over a large bowl oil! 2 minutes make the cake in crowded mounds and decorate with grated chocolate in the center to! Used the recipe to make him one too leaving a ridge that sticks up over the top chocolate... Covered in the freezer for 15 minutes for game-day parties or casual celebrations up!

Where Does Hobby Lobby Get Their Flowers, Creamy Sausage And Fennel Pasta, Growing Coleus Nz, Williams Chili Seasoning Near Me, Banana Custard Crumble, Pope Francis' Encyclical, Fratelli Tutti, Asda Tetley Tea Bags 420, Benjamin Moore Enamel Underbody Primer, Organic Supermarket Singapore, Can You Pray After Smoking Cigarettes, Interjection Grammar Ppt,