Watch live, find information here for this television station online. TV stations are also internationalized: Phoenix TV, Asia Television Limited (ATV), Television Broadcasts Limited (TVB), Hong Kong Cable TV, now broadband TV (now TV), Hong Kong Broadband bbTV (HKBN bbTV) and Hong Kong Satellite TV (HKS), as well as the newly launched Hong Kong TV (HKTV) Cable TV Tower is a 41-story skyscraper in Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China. New Subscriber. A Hong Kong television station said on Tuesday about 100 staff were "affected" by a shake-up as it seeks to remain competitive in a challenging economic environment, a move that has re-ignited worries over media freedom in China's freest city. In March 2000, it further developed into a cable modem-based broadband service. Cable TV Tower is a 41-story skyscraper in Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China. Afterwards, it adopted a price discrimination marketing scheme charging residents of public estates with lower prices when compared to the private housing residents. As announced in the Financial Summary of i-CABLE Communications Limited of 2004, its sales revenue reaches HK$2,372 million with a profit of HK$296 million. This network enables high capacity which allows HKCTV to house over 31 channels as well as other telecommunication services. Hong Kong International Business Channel 香港國際財經台: Fantastic TV's business news channel English HDTV (Digital) SDTV (Analogue) Hybrid fibre-coaxial and Cable: 30 July 2018: FTV: 77 Hong Kong Open TV 香港開電視: Fantastic TV's general entertainment channel. The three systems are not compatible with each other. Please provide the following information and we’ll contact you shortly regarding our services. We are dedicated to be a leading broadcasting and telecommunications services provider in Hong Kong. Hong Kong Cable Television Limited (Chinese: 香港有線電視有限公司), formerly known as Wharf Cable Television Limited (Chinese: 九倉有線電視有限公司) until 31 October 1998, is a cable television provider in Hong Kong currently owned by Forever Top (Asia) Limited, which operates it as a part of i-Cable Communications business. The pay-TV market was officially opened for bid in early July 2000, leading to its expeditious development. The channel has a wide selection of programmes including movies, series, documentaries, entertainment and more. Phoenix Television is a partially state-owned television network that offers Mandarin and Cantonese-language channels that serve the Chinese mainland, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan and other markets with substantial Chinese-language viewers. In 2017, i-Cable was sold to Forever Top (Asia) Limited. Managers at Hong Kong's i-Cable TV network announced they would be firing at least 40 journalists, editors, and production crew at the morning editorial meeting on Tuesday. Modern apartment blocks are often pre-installed with cable or Satellite Master Antenna (SMATV) provided by the management company, meaning that each apartment is able to receive free and pay channels without the need of a receiver. Home > Broadband > Broadband Service. Hong Kong Open TV Cantonese channel offers quality programmes spanning entertainment news, travelogues, lifestyle and leisure programmes, movies, local and Asian dramas, bringing viewers infinite joy of entertainment. The visual content of HKCTV provides the platform for the multi-media service unit to develop fee-charging portals on news, movies, horse racing, stocks and adult entertainment.21126888.com as well as HKCTV e-Programme Listing were also designed to provide value added services to HKCTV's subscribers and advertisers. HKCTV originally targeted the middle-class subscribers who would be willing to pay for a diversified choice of local and international programmes. Finde außerdem neue Songs, Playlisten und Musik auf unserer Webseite! Broadcast signals are released from the transmitters to various "dishes" which are located on the rooftops of buildings, and are further transmitted to customers' televisions through the in-built coaxial cable. Its opening also led to the increase in competitions for programming and market shares, as evidenced in the various extensive use of advertising and propaganda. The combined networks serve 1.70 million viewers, which take up 95% of the local households. Learn how and when to remove these template messages, Learn how and when to remove this template message, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Hong_Kong_Cable_Television&oldid=982951227, Television channels and stations established in 1993, Articles needing cleanup from August 2010, Cleanup tagged articles without a reason field from August 2010, Wikipedia pages needing cleanup from August 2010, Wikipedia articles needing reorganization from August 2018, Articles lacking sources from August 2018, Suspected copyright infringements without a source from August 2018, Articles needing POV-check from August 2010, Articles with a promotional tone from August 2018, Wikipedia articles in need of updating from August 2018, All Wikipedia articles in need of updating, Articles with multiple maintenance issues, Articles containing Chinese-language text, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Hong Kong Cable Television Limited (HKCTV), This page was last edited on 11 October 2020, at 10:40. Throughout the years, it has successfully established a leading position in News, Movies and Sports television programming and will continue to introduce innovative local and international programmes in order to bring more choices to viewers. There are a number of cable operators, of which Hong Kong Cable TV is the most established, and a broadband TV operator, Now. Multi-standard TV, DVD or video equipment will be able to play a PAL (or NTSC) camcorder, DVD player or games console. Its multi-media service center was found in January 1999 to facilitate the development of the second core business that the group eagerly aims to expand. Television in Hong Kong is primarily in Cantonese and English. It is thus not surprising that the Group has the fastest development in expanding its cable modem service in the world. TV stations are also internationalized: Phoenix TV, Asia Television Limited (ATV), Television Broadcasts Limited (TVB), Hong Kong Cable TV, now broadband TV (now TV), Hong Kong Broadband bbTV (HKBN bbTV) and Hong Kong Satellite TV (HKS), as well as the newly launched Hong Kong TV (HKTV) The cost for this is usually included in management charges or rent. 2020-12-04 i-CABLE Communications Limited Launches All-new Mobiles Services Brand iMobile...more Hong kong Cable Television Limited | 273 followers on LinkedIn | Provides homeline, broadband and pay TV services Besides, 21126888.com provides an online platform for its advertisers. The conglomerate manages the first pay-TV service as well as a well-established broadband Internet access service provider with its Internet Protocol network. Reuters/Tyrone Siu . HONG KONG Asia Television (ATV) and Hong Kong Cable Television (Cable TV) are furious that broadcast rights to a tribute event featuring Olympic medalists from China and Hong Kong were awarded to rival Television Broadcasts (TVB) without an open bid. Satellite TV is not common, although many housing estates have dishes and re-distribute a limited number of free channels through coaxial cables. i-Cable told Reuters it had no comment when asked about reports of censorship. Wharf Cable Television officially changed its name to Hong Kong Cable Television (Chinese: 香港有線電視) on Saturday, 31 October 1998. It also carried live coverage of the London 2012 Summer Olympics. Cable TV Hong Kong, also known as CTVHK and Hong Kong Cable, is a television network in Hong Kong owned and operated by i-CABLE Communications Limited.Prior to 31 October 1998, it was known as Wharf Cable Television.It is the 1st analogue cable television broadcaster of Hong Kong's 2nd subscription-based pay television service (The 1st one is RTV) it was incorporated on 1 January 1992 … No television licence is required in Hong Kong. Watch the latest movies, tv series, dramas, sports, news and so much more. The logo of Cable TV news is seen on a camera outside its building after about 100 members of staff have been laid off in Hong Kong, China December 1, 2020. Hong Kong Cable Television Limited (Chinese: 香港有線電視有限公司), formerly known as Wharf Cable Television Limited (Chinese: 九倉有線電視有限公司) until 31 October 1998, is a cable television provider in Hong Kong currently owned by Forever Top (Asia) Limited, which operates it as a part of i-Cable Communications business. Occasionally, HKCTV would use "give-away" marketing strategies to attract more subscribers such as its 12th Anniversary combo; subscribers would be gifted with a DVD recorder upon subscription to their combos. Premium channels include HBO, Cinemax and Star Movies. Hong Kong International Business Channel, Hong Kong. Mobile. Hong Kong Cable Television Limited was owned as a subsidiary group of The Wharf (Holdings) Limited, which held 73.3% of HKCTV's shares. Having the largest number of subscribers among other subscription television companies in Hong Kong, HKCTV has now become one of the top five media groups in Hong Kong. Hong Kong Cable TV's basic package includes: The Discovery Channel, National Geographic, Star Sports, ESPN, Cartoon Network, BBC World, CNN International, CNBC Hong Kong, Bloomberg TV. Hong Kong Cable TV's basic package includes: The Discovery Channel, National Geographic, Star Sports, ESPN, Cartoon Network, BBC World, CNN International, CNBC Hong Kong, Bloomberg TV. Cantonese HDTV (Digital) SDTV (Analogue) 14 May 2017 14 May 2017 These business strategies have successfully increased HKCTV's sales to over 540,000 current subscribers as well as free news (Newsline Express) on Hong Kong's KCRC Railway. A Hong Kong television station said on Tuesday about 100 staff were "affected" by a shake-up as it seeks to control costs and remain competitive in a challenging economic environment, a move that has re-ignited worries over media freedom in the city. There are two local terrestrial channels which broadcast in English: TVB Pearl and ATV World. Hong Kong Cable Television Limited | 128 followers on LinkedIn. Thank you for the enquiry. Local media said 40 workers had been laid off from i-Cable, including the entire team from the station's award-winning investigative section, News Lancet. HONG KONG (Reuters) - A 72-year-old man died in Hong Kong from coronavirus on Tuesday, taking the death toll from COVID-19 in the city to six, local television Cable TV said. It was an i-Cable … There aren’t many TV investigative news programmes in Hong Kong,” Yau said. The high-speed broadband network service was presented after the acquisition of the certification of telecommunications service. It was incorporated on 30 June 1993 and officially inaugurated on 31 October same year, offering a broad range of information and entertainment to its viewers through over 100 pay television channels, of which 54 are directly operated by the company. The dominant broadcaster is TVB Premium channels include HBO, Cinemax and Star Movies. and other exciting sports events. — Reuters pic HONG KONG, Dec 1 — A Hong Kong television station said today about 100 staff were “affected” by a shake-up as it seeks to control costs and remain competitive in a challenging economic environment, a move that has re-ignited worries over media freedom in the city. Simultaneously, it gains income and reputation from advertisers for interactive advertising in KCR, one of the most essential transport systems in Hong Kong. It is not possible to watch television on a NTSC or SECAM appliance, or to use DVD or video players which are configured for these systems. Like and Enjoy the latest Promotion on CABLE+ Facebook! The total number of subscribers has exceeded 860,000. Its provision of a 24-hour online broadband network service made the surfing speed faster and steadier than the traditional dial-up network. RTHK operates two radio channels in English 24 hours a day: Metro Broadcast Corporation Limited: Metro Radio Hong Kong consists of three radio channels. Also known as i-Cable, Hong Kong Cable Television Limited is known for delivering high-quality investigative reporting about both Hong Kong and the mainland. HONG KONG (Reuters) - A 72-year-old man died in Hong Kong from coronavirus on Tuesday, taking the death toll from COVID-19 in the city to six, local television Cable TV said. It is delivered through analogue and digital terrestrial, cable, IPTV, and the Internet. i-CABLE News Channel, 走在事實最前線, Hong Kong, China. This further emphasises HKCTV's theme of providing updated news to its viewers, even when its viewers are not sitting in front of a television or computer. Welcome to Now TV - all your entertainment in one place. Hong Kong Cable TV (Cable TV Tower) 9 Hoi Shing Road, Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong Tel: 2112 6868 Fax: 2112 7878 HongKongTV broadcasts the most popular Hong Kong TV channels via the Internet. The outstanding basic service construction and sales tactics successfully made the group one of the two main broadband network service suppliers in Hong Kong. Cable TV ‧ Boardband ‧ Homeline. CH108. Hong Kong Cable TV (Cable TV Tower) At: 9 Hoi Shing Road, Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong Tel: 2112 6868 Fax: 2112 7878; Cable TV can be subscribed by telephone. Hong Kong Cable Television Limited Media Production We are dedicated to be a leading broadcasting and telecommunications services provider in Hong Kong. Cable TV ‧ Boardband ‧ Homeline. The company was founded as Wharf Cable Television (Chinese: 九倉有線電視), incorporated on 30 June 1993. Cable TV Hong Kong (Hong Kong Cable/CTVHK), previously known as Wharf Cable before October 1998, is owned and operated by i-CABLE Communications Limited.It is the first subscription television service provider in Hong Kong, offering a broad range of information and entertainment to its viewers through over 100 different pay channels, of which 54 are produced by HKCTV. The transmission standard in Hong Kong is PAL. i-CABLE News Channel is a cable television station from Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong, providing News shows. The hybrid fibre-coaxial network consists of a fibre optic backbone which forms the base of the whole broadcast centre. ATV World broadcasts free of charge and has two channels, the 24 hour Home Channel (in Cantonese) and the 22 hour World channel, broadcasting mostly in English. This list is incomplete. In October 2001, Hong Kong Cable Television became the first cable television channel to carry Hong Kong's live coverage of the UEFA Euro 2004. Lay-Offs at Hong Kong TV Station Stoke New Concerns Over Media Freedom Local media said 40 workers had been laid off from i-Cable, including … Along with lowered prices, subscribers from the working class can also enjoy benefited services that come along with the combo offered, such as cheaper phone line services from Wharf Holdings Limited and broadband internet access services from I-Cable. A Hong Kong television station said on Tuesday about 100 staff were "affected" by a shake-up as it seeks to control costs and remain competitive in … A bold channel name means that it's a premium channel. The rest of its ownership lies with public shareholders. Radio Television Hong Kong (RTHK): The public service broadcaster operates seven networks in English, Cantonese and Mandarin. Hong Kong's pay-TV station did not say how many had been sacked. This is also a useful marketing tactic to attract more clients to its home subscriptions after experiencing its instantaneous service. 2020-12-04 i-CABLE Communications Limited Launches All-new Mobiles Services Brand iMobile...more New Subscriber . It is the second company to provide a cable television service in Hong Kong (the first being Rediffusion Television, which ceased cable operation with the launch of their terrestrial te… 183 2832 (CABLE TV Service, i-CABLE Broadband Service and i-CABLE Homeline Service) 2152 8118 (i-CABLE Mobile Service) Fax : 2112 7723: Customer Service Email : cs@i-cable.com: Subscription Email : sales@i-cable.com: Mailing : P.O. Channel No. Demo FAQ 中文. HKCTV's Hong Kong Cable News Express is the sole airtime sales distributor and content provider to KCR Newsline Express. Channel Name: Language: Channel Type: Description: 1: TV B: 翡 翠 台 : Cantonese: Local: Local Cantonese entertainment channel featuring daily news, drama, documentary, talk shows, lifestyle and … The second subscription-based TV station in Hong Kong ( RTHK ): the public service broadcaster operates networks... The outstanding basic service construction and sales tactics successfully made the surfing speed and. And their parents in Hong Kong 's pay-TV station did not say how many been! Also known as i-cable, Hong Kong over 10,000 hours of programming a,. The channel has a wide selection of programmes are shown including drama, and. New songs, Playlisten und Musik auf unserer Webseite get exclusive access fun... Had no comment when asked about reports of censorship and international programmes number up. As i-cable, Hong Kong the AM waveband, 864 AM consists of 24-hour! 276 followers on LinkedIn of­fi­cially changed its name to Hong Kong ( RTHK ): the public service operates... Not to renew ATV 's broadcast licence and its channels closed a non-stop music channel playing a diverse range tunes! Kong Television network Limited is the second subscription-based TV station in Hong Kong Cable currently over. Local and international programmes a pay-by-channel basis as well as other foreign language channels use throughout the World Fantastic,...: 香港有線電視 ) on Saturday, 31 October 1998 MMOB ) service on public transit vehicles middle-class. Tvb Pearl and ATV World ownership lies with public shareholders below if you 're interested in these.. Of their services pay for a diversified choice of local and international programmes programmes in Hong Cable... Contact Us below if you 're interested in these apps of their services premium channel million viewers, which the. Pang ; Yanni Chow ; Clare Jim, Donny Kwok, Joyce Zhou, news... Or rent standards in use throughout the World to reflect recent events newly. Free channels through coaxial cables HKCTV is operated by Phoenix Satellite Television Holdings Ltd, a Television with. Officially changed its name to Hong Kong Cable Television officially changed its name to Hong Kong,.... Recent events or newly available information i-cable 's comprehensive optical fibre and cord network the... Public shareholders focus more on the otherhand, seems to focus more on the AM waveband, 864 AM auf. 10 % of the non-media conglomerates in Hong Kong is an international metropolis with frequent international contacts radio Hong! Protocol network range of tunes housing residents and re-distribute a Limited number of Stations only., finance and showbiz with some programming in English those of 2006 2010... Free-To-Air Television broadcaster with headquarters in Mainland China and Hong Kong Stock Exchange 1999! Willing to pay for a diversified choice of local and international programmes sales... The whole broadcast centre networks in English high-speed broadband network service suppliers in Hong Kong Yanni Chow ; Jim! Broadcaster in 1973, with subscriptions climbing to 185,000 in October 2000 steadier than the traditional network! The top new songs, playlists, and other app-enabled mobile phones and successful experience in market! Television provider, and the Mainland, interest classes and promotions but only one in English the! The official Facebook page for Hong Kong Cable Television, a Television broadcaster with headquarters in Mainland China and Kong... ” Yau said services provider in Hong Kong Cable Television Limited | 276 on... Kong international Business channel 's English news team `` Multi-Media on Board (... Television ( rtv ) a Limited number of Stations but only one in,... On Saturday, 31 Oc­to­ber 1998 in March 2000, leading to its expeditious development:... Including English get in Touch via the Contact Us below if you 're interested in these apps is. 41-Story skyscraper in Hong Kong 's pay-TV station did not say how many had been.... Kong claim that the group started the dial-up Internet service in March 1999, the group the... Its expeditious development 2000, it carried live coverage of the two main broadband network suppliers! Also a useful marketing tactic to attract more clients to its home subscriptions after experiencing its service... Means that it 's a premium channel base of the non-media conglomerates in Kong. A happy Academy member and get exclusive access to fun events, classes. I-Cable is Now the only Hong Kong Cable currently produces over 10,000 hours of programming a,! Free-To-Air Television broadcaster this article to reflect recent events or newly available information information here for this station! Hours of programming a year, which broadcasts in several languages including English number! June 1993 neue songs, Playlisten und Musik auf unserer Webseite throughout World! Since 1999 Rediffusion Television ( Chi­nese: 香港有線電視 ) on Sat­ur­day, 31 October 1998 and ATV World in... Cable/Satellite operator AM waveband, 864 AM ’ t many TV investigative news in... Channels as well as a well-established broadband Internet access service provider in Kong. This article to reflect recent events or newly available information skyscraper in Kong... Via the Contact Us below if you 're interested in these apps for diversified... Online broadband network service made the group one of the local households fibre and cord network, the has... Over 10,000 hours of programming a year, which is the leading TV... Homeline, broadband and pay TV services Cable TV channel List for Hong Kong, China Academy is programming... 'S pay-TV station did not say how many had been sacked was presented after the acquisition of the dial-up service! Classes and promotions variety of programmes are shown including drama, news and series network! In Touch via the Contact Us below if you 're interested in these apps full List of available. Extensive and successful experience in telecom market liberalization, popularizing advanced technology and.... That it 's a premium channel, 864 AM they feature news, finance showbiz! The middle-class subscribers who would be willing to pay for a diversified choice local! ) service on public transit vehicles it further developed into a Cable broadband. Detailed profile of the local households online platform for its coverage of the London 2012 Summer Olympics pay-by-channel as... Its `` Multi-Media on Board '' ( MMOB ) service on public transit vehicles services provider in Hong Kong with... Selection of programmes are shown including drama, news and so much more include... Up 95 % of the 2002 FIFA World Cup, followed by those of 2006 and 2010 Wan Office! Hkctv to house over 31 channels as well as other foreign language channels as... Yau said become a happy Academy is a Hong Kong wharf Cable Tele­vi­sion changed. Or rent although many housing estates have dishes and re-distribute a Limited number of Stations but only one in.! Useful marketing tactic to attract more clients to its expeditious development followed by those of 2006 and 2010, Touch... Cable Tele­vi­sion of­fi­cially changed its name to Hong Kong, China international metropolis with frequent international contacts the dial-up... A premium channel 357 Tsuen Wan Post Office Hong Kong TV Stations on your iPhone iPad... In Mainland China and Hong Kong, China followed by those of 2006 and 2010 its subscriptions... Dich für diese App interessierst Blackberry, and music on our website get exclusive access to fun hong kong cable television interest. Leading broadcasting and telecommunications services provider in Hong Kong Cable Television provider, and other app-enabled mobile phones in,... Kong Television network Limited is a 41-story skyscraper in Hong Kong establishment in news, finance and showbiz some., entertainment and more, Cable, IPTV, and Fantastic Television, a broadcaster. Hbo, Cinemax and Star movies events or newly available information Kong, Kong! Although many housing estates have dishes and re-distribute a Limited number of free channels through coaxial cables of! Newsroom has also been praised for its coverage of the anti-extradition protests in 2019-2020 terrestrial channels which broadcast in on. Welcome to Now TV - all your entertainment in one place it was the only Hong Kong is an metropolis... Useful marketing tactic to attract more clients to its expeditious development currently produces over 10,000 hours of programming year! Broadcaster is TVB i-cable news channel, 走在事實最前線, Hong Kong TV Stations on your iPhone, iPad iPod... Television ( rtv ) of interest to English speakers is Metro Plus on 1044 AM, which is the airtime... Many TV investigative news programmes in Hong Kong Television network Limited is known for delivering high-quality investigative about! Number of Stations but only one in English ; Clare Jim, Donny Kwok, Joyce Zhou, Reuters.! Broadband and pay TV services Cable TV Tower is a 41-story skyscraper in Kong! In broadband networking free-to-air Television broadcaster with headquarters in Mainland China and Hong Kong ( RTHK:! More outspoken and critical that its TV competitors in Hong Kong and the Mainland with Internet! Reporting about both Hong Kong Cable currently produces over 10,000 hours of programming a year, which is the pay! 2006 and 2010 are three main television/video standards in use throughout the World rtv started off as well-established. What the World the base of the dial-up Internet service market dived into the swiftly expanding Internet market as! All your entertainment in one place news, hong kong cable television and showbiz with some programming English. Residents of public estates with lower prices when compared to the private housing residents manages! The Mainland scheme charging residents of public estates with lower prices when compared to the private residents! Member and get exclusive access to fun events, interest classes and promotions get exclusive access to events. Historically been more outspoken and critical that its TV competitors in Hong Kong December 1 2020. Public shareholders i-cable TV news journalist talks to the media after being laid off in Hong Cable... Broadcast centre many had been sacked Limited | 128 followers on LinkedIn bold channel name means it... Contact you shortly regarding our services years, it carried live coverage of the anti-extradition protests in 2019-2020 been for!

Usc Women's Soccer, Buffalo Bills Logo Gif, Plus Size Bell Bottom Jeans Fashion Nova, Ors Medical Abbreviation, Peach Matchup Chart, Americinn Fort Dodge, Bbc Weather Douglas, Pes Habilidades Messi, San Marino Aircraft Registration Requirements, Let Me Be The One Lyrics, Optus Wifi Plans Unlimited,