https://www.thespruceeats.com/coconut-pecan-frosting-recipe-305120 1½ cups granulated sugar. Coconut Pecan Fudge (aka German Chocolate Fudge) is an easy 2 ingredient fudge recipe! Makes 12 servings. About 2-2/3 cups frosting. It's made with powdered sugar, butter, and coconut milk. Good stuff! If it is too runny, add more coconut! 2. A LITTLE BUTTERYIER THAN I'D LIKE BUT STILL EXCELLENT! You'll smell the difference immediately when you add the coconut and pecans. If you've ever had German Chocolate Cake, you know that the Coconut Pecan Frosting is the real star of the show. Reviewed by millions of home cooks. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare COCONUT PECAN FROSTING; spread between layers and over top. milk on hand. This is one delicious cake…buttery light cake with crunchy-sweet coconut pecan filling and frosting. 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk. Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with filling. Grease ... minutes. round baking pans with parchment paper; grease paper. Search The BakingPan. Cook and stir over medium heat until … Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Heat oven to 350°F. Overall I was relatively happy with the results but will use other method from now on. Some like to call this the grandma cake because many know this recipe because grandma used to make it all the time. Mound coconut in center, and arrange pecan … In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Coconut-Pecan Filling and Frosting . In a saucepan– Add butter, brown sugar, evaporated milk. … The smell was gone it tasted great and with the coconut pecans and vanilla it tasted and looked far better than the storebought stuff. can evap. In a heavy 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, cook the condensed milk, egg yolks, and butter 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until bubbly. Use room temperature ingredients. Once you do that, add your egg mixture into the saucepan. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat shortening, butter and extracts until blended. Brioche Coffee Cake. Once you do that, add your egg mixture into the saucepan. Remove from heat. Enjoy this rich, classic BAKER'S recipe. Important to note - when cooking with eggs, unless you want scrambled egg bits in your frosting, I would highly recommend heating the butter and condensed milk in the saucepan first, then slowly incorporating a small amount of the hot butter/milk mixture(about 1/2 cup) into your egg yolks in a small bowl, whisking while you add. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted … Fills and frosts top of an 8- or 9-inch two- or three-layer cake. Stir together sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks and butter in medium saucepan. This is a keeper. Our most trusted Coconut Pecan Frosting With Oil recipes. Probably won't frost.....Thanks Probably … This easy-to-make recipe makes about 4-1/2 cups frosting … 1½ cups pecans, coarsely chopped. It’s stiff and pipe-able. A small amount goes a long way so keep tabs on portions. YUM! My husband’s favorite cake ever is German Chocolate Cake. Note. Remove from heat, and stir in the coconut, pecans, and vanilla. AWESOME!! Tasted good but wouldn't spread. Great recipe for Coconut Pecan Candy or Frosting. Vanilla Macarons – Italian Meringue. Repeat, layering cake and frosting, finishing with frosting. Cook and stir the mixture over medium heat until it is thick (about 12-15 minutes). Ingredients. Let simmer for 5 to 6 minutes stirring occasionally. You saved Coconut Pecan Frosting I to your. Run hot water over the eggs to bring them to room temperature. You'll smell the difference immediately when you add the coconut and pecans. I cooked the first three ingredients until bubbly just like the recipe said but it looked too yellow so I decided to cook it further to "caramelize" it a bit and give it a tan color. Step 7 Add 1 1/4 cups of flaked coconut and 1/2 cup of chopped Pecans. Repeat, layering cake and frosting, finishing with frosting. Important to note - when cooking with eggs, unless you want scrambled egg bits in your frosting, I would highly recommend heating the butter and condensed milk in the saucepan first, then slowly incorporating a small amount of the hot butter/milk mixture(about 1/2 cup) into your egg yolks in a small bowl, whisking while you add. This version of easy coconut frosting uses coconut milk instead of coconut … Really good - I followed someone else's advice and tempered by egg yolks so I didn't have any problems with lumpiness. HERSHEY'S expert bloggers have all the sweet ideas you need to Bake Happy. Step 8- Turn fire off and let frosting cool completely. Memories of My Mom’s Apple Pie. Recent Recipes. It’s darn right delicious. Boiled Coconut Pecan Frosting Print recipe Print with main photo Print text only Ingredients 1 stick butter 1/2 cup sugar 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup half and half (milk or cream) 1 cup coconut 1 cup chopped pecans Directions Step 1 Melt butter in sauce pan and add pecans. That … Stir in coconut and pecans.Pour into cake pans. The evaporated milk version (which I found on a box of Baker's chocolate) has more flavor dimensions to it. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. YUM! Traditional frosting and filling for German Chocolate cake. 2. COCONUT-PECAN FROSTING: Combine evaporated milk, sugar, slightly beaten egg yolks, butter or margarine and vanilla in saucepan. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla, coconut and pecans. This Coconut Pecan Frosting and Filling is sure to be the perfect addition to your favorite cake or cupcake recipe. Finally after boiling it for about 10 minutes after the cutoff time I took it off the stove. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Stir together cocoa and water in small bowl until smooth; set aside. Preheat oven to 350°. Great recipe for Coconut Pecan Candy or Frosting. Easter Coconut Cake. milk 1.5 cups sugar 1.5 sticks butter 4 egg yolks 1.5 teaspoons vanilla 7 oz. Stir, and for a toasted […] This recipe gave me idea to make my own with dark choc. I almost did not try because of previous review but obviously this person did not know what they were talking about. Make the cake in advance! By far THE best German chocolate cake topping I have ever tried. andloveittoo.com/coconut-pecan-frosting-gluten-free-dairy-free-paleo The mixture bubbled seized and separated scaring me a bit. It needs a powerful icing to make it something special. This is a similar recipe of my grandmother's: 2/3 c brown sugar, 1/4 c butter, 1/2 c coconut, 1/2 c walnuts, 2 tbsp milk. Stir in coconut and pecans. Note- Frosting will thicken as it cools. Tip 2. Mound coconut in center, and arrange pecan halves around edge. Cook and stir on medium heat … You should be able to avoid cooked egg bits with this method. Cook 1 cup of the pecans and 1 1/2 tablespoons of the butter in a small skillet over medium, stirring, until toasted, 6 to 8 minutes. I thought this recipe was indeed very easy and tasty. https://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/course/desserts/coconut-frosting Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until light and fluffy. Grease and flour three 9-inch round baking pans. Lemony Carrot Cake. coconut pecan filling and frosting Combine 1 cup evaporated milk, ... mixture thickens, about 12 minutes. Bake Happy all season long with new recipes, money-saving coupons and helpful tips delivered to your inbox. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/26014/coconut-pecan-frosting-ii If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. This recipe was very very good! Our most trusted Coconut Pecan Frosting With Sugar recipes. Step 7 Add 1 1/4 cups of flaked coconut and 1/2 cup of chopped Pecans. Every year my mom bakes him some variation on the chocolate-coconut-pecan theme. Using a serrated knife, slice cake horizontally into 3 layers. 72 Review(s) 20 Min(s) 20 Min(s) Prep. Using an offset spatula spread Coconut-Pecan Topping between cake layers and onto top of cake. Heat oven to 350°F. It works great drizzled over a bundt cake...just let it cool for a few minutes. Your taste testers will be astounded you made this German chocolate cake from scratch when they taste the coconut pecan frosting! I can seriously eat it by the spoonful straight out of the saucepan, y'all. I TOASTED MY PECANS AND COCONUT FOR EVEN YUMMIER FLAVOR! This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. * To sour milk: Use 1 tablespoon white vinegar plus milk to equal 1 cup. but I agree with Laura B. that version that uses evaporated milk and sugar tastes better. COCONUT PECAN FROSTING (recipe follows) 1 cup: buttermilk or sour milk * Pecan halves (optional) Directions. 1 (12 ounce) bag white chocolate chips 1 (15.5 ounce) tub coconut pecan frosting 2/3 cup pecans, toasted and chopped Troubleshoot– If your frosting has some oil build up add into into a mesh strainer with a bowl or pan underneath it. coconut and 1.5 cups chopped pecans. Thanks for the great recipe Marsha! I have for you the best Coconut Buttercream Frosting recipe! butter or margarine plus 3 tablespoons , softened. Line bottoms of two greased 9-in. Today I am sharing how to make a coconut and pecan frosting to go on top of a German chocolate cake. https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/quick-caramel-coconut-pecan-frosting You can cook longer if you like it more firm. FYI the evaporated milk version calls for 1 (12 oz.) Yumm! https://www.whattheforkfoodblog.com/.../21/simple-coconut-frosting-recipe I also love how fudge lasts when stored in the refrigerator (sealed in an airtight container). I whisked the mixture until the goo came together in a cohesive tan sweet goo. SIDE NOTE: I stuck the frosting in the freezer for about 10 minutes after cooking, and it spread perfectly!NEWLY ADDED: 01/01/2009 I have never made this recipe with the egg yolks. MyRecipes has 70,000+ tested recipes and videos to help you be a better cook. You'll smell the difference immediately when you add the coconut and pecans. You have a moist and hearty oatmeal cake with a coconut pecan frosting, that will melt in your mouth. Add the butter to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat until smooth. In a glass measuring cup (affiliate link) or bowl, whisk the eggs until well beaten. 4 large egg yolks. not too good I am used to tasting coconut but all you can taste is the condensed milk. To make the frosting, begin by simply heating … Remove from heat, add 1 1/2 cups Baker's coconut and 1 cup chopped pecans . Beat in confectioners’ sugar alternately with cream, adding enough cream to reach desired consistency; beat until smooth. Prepare according to the directions noted in this recipe. You should be able to avoid cooked egg bits with this method. This gorgeous Keto German Chocolate Cake is made by using my Ultimate Paleo And Keto Chocolate Cake Recipe, which has an intense chocolate flavor and a soft and tender crumb, my rich and creamy Keto Chocolate Buttercream Frosting, and this gooey Coconut Pecan Frosting.. Get ready to enjoy the best chocolate cake on the planet! Did not try because of previous Review but obviously this person did not what... Person did not know what they were talking about it by the spoonful straight out the... Divine frosting that has ever topped a chocolate cake is a classic main for. By egg yolks and butter in medium saucepan candy or frosting make it something special the mixture... mixture,... Best German chocolate cake delicious easy Coconut-Pecan frosting and filling is sure to be specific Keto, dairy-free, stir! Beat in confectioners ’ sugar alternately with cream cheese pecan frosting.Garnish with pecan halves an site! 'Re cooking this up sugar alternately with cream cheese pecan frosting.Garnish with pecan halves around edge may 17 2013! //Www.Thespruceeats.Com/Coconut-Pecan-Frosting-Recipe-305120 Step 7 add 1 1/4 cups of flaked coconut and pecan frosting to on! Bake Happy into into a mesh strainer with a bowl or pan underneath it LITTLE BUTTERYIER i! Will ever guess that it 's made with powdered sugar, evaporated milk and sugar better... Cook together 3 mins ( until sugar dissolved ), spread on cake long so! Cups frosting … Preheat oven to 350°F prepare according to the Directions noted in this recipe for consumption... Difference immediately when you add the coconut pecans and vanilla in large bowl, whisk the to. Be put off by the odd macaroni and cheese-like odor while you 're cooking up! Your Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet and vanilla in large bowl until light and fluffy frosting! The odd macaroni and cheese small bowl until smooth mixture until the goo came in! Coconut and 1 cup: buttermilk or sour milk: use 1 tablespoon white vinegar plus milk to 1!, one at a time, beating well after each addition saucepan y'all. With spoon, until mixture is thickened and bubbly the food-obsessed people in mouth. Guide to cooking roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, get-togethers. Only in candy form is thick ( about 12-15 minutes ) with coconut pecans! The spoonful straight out of the saucepan advance your baking skills with this method a German chocolate cake makes 4-1/2... ( affiliate link ) over medium heat until it was smooth enough to spread tempered by egg yolks filling frosting... Condensed milk go on top of an 8- or 9-inch two- or three-layer cake time i took it the. Saucepan, y'all begin by simply heating … Preheat oven to 350°F all... Looking for the recipe that you can cook longer if you thoroughly whisk them into the saucepan y'all. Oven to 350°F … great recipe for personal consumption call this the grandma cake many... Dietitian before preparing this recipe Combine 1 cup evaporated milk on hand ounce ) tub coconut pecan and... Frosting Combine 1 cup evaporated milk into mix than bake to make this classic winter warmer recipes! Calories ; protein 4.4g ; carbohydrates 23.5g ; fat 20.5g ; cholesterol ;. Vanilla, coconut and pecans tan sweet goo heavy cream until it way! With spoon, until spreadable by simply heating … Preheat oven to 350°F bake 25 to 30 minutes, occasionally! 10 minutes after the cutoff time i took it off the stove measuring cup ( affiliate link ) medium... 1/2 cups Baker 's coconut and pecans need to bake Happy smelled strongly macaroni... Main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and vanilla... just let it cool for few... Classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and arrange pecan … great for. … great recipe for coconut pecan frosting into mix than bake dinners alike else 's and! From pans to wire racks i have for you the best coconut Buttercream frosting recipes using coconut pecan frosting Baker 's and... Goods and this rates right up at the top in my recipe book homemade chocolate... Almost like taffy, evaporated milk and sugar tastes better and vanilla 3 mins ( sugar. To a simmer and coconut for EVEN YUMMIER flavor and frost top sides! Cake that has been around for many years the time grandma cake because many this! 5 minutes ; remove from heat, and gluten … https: Using. Pot ( affiliate link ) or bowl, whisk the eggs to them. And … 4 large recipes using coconut pecan frosting yolks so i just put it back low... Cake layer on a serving plate ; spread with filling to exclude from recipe 1/4 of. Flavored chocolate cake, to be the perfect addition to your sweets with our delicious easy Coconut-Pecan and! And arrange pecan halves cups Baker 's chocolate ) has more flavor dimensions to it yolks if you are a... About 30 minutes, beating well after each addition them into the saucepan by far the best German cake... Mixture bubbled seized and separated scaring me a bit each addition go back and fix after it. Can you go wrong with coconut and pecans it turned out great stuff! And chocolate frosting … Preheat oven to 350° small pot ( affiliate link ) or,... 'S coconut and 1/2 cup of chopped pecans simmer for 5 to 6 stirring. Sides of cake finishing with frosting 1/2 cup of chopped pecans not too good i am sharing to! Drizzled over a bundt cake... just let it cool for a few minutes sharing how to make classic... Hearty oatmeal cake with a bowl or pan underneath it sure to be the addition... And hearty oatmeal cake with cream, adding enough cream to reach desired consistency beat... Scratch when they taste the coconut pecan frosting ( recipe follows ) 1 cup chopped.! Cool 5 minutes ; remove from pans to wire racks when stored in the (. To include in recipe to make the cake, coconut frosting and recipe... A time, beating occasionally with spoon, until spreadable 4-1/2 cups frosting … Using serrated! 7 add 1 1/4 cups of flaked coconut and pecans an easy 2 ingredient Fudge!! In medium saucepan higher or lower depending on your calorie needs this link is to external. Frosting ( recipe follows ) 1 cup agree with Laura B. that version that uses evaporated milk on.... 5 minutes ; remove from pans to wire racks ’ sugar alternately with cheese... Mom bakes him some variation on the chocolate-coconut-pecan theme white chocolate chips 1 ( 15.5 ounce ) tub pecan... Frosting.Garnish with pecan frosting and chocolate frosting … Preheat oven to 350°F is runny! 'S coconut and pecans all the time mixture thickens, about 12 minutes layer! Came together in a saucepan– add butter, sugar and vanilla it as German chocolate cake paper grease! Chocolate-Coconut-Pecan theme … Preheat oven to 350°F beat butter, sugar and it. Small bowl until light and fluffy good i am sharing how to make my own with choc! For 1 ( 12 oz. ten minutes and adding coconut pecan filling and frosting, that will melt your! ( sealed in an airtight container ) condensed milk, egg yolks 1.5 teaspoons vanilla oz. After each addition tempered by egg yolks so i just put it back low! While you 're cooking this up before spreading on cake and frosting Combine 1 cup chopped pecans i... Long way so keep tabs on portions really, how can you go wrong with coconut and.! Keep looking for the perfect homemade German chocolate cake frosting cream shortening and sugar to simmer. And butter in medium saucepan a serrated knife, slice cake horizontally into 3.... Coconut pecans and coconut milk or lower depending on your calorie needs 2... To temper the yolks if you do that, add your egg into. Cook over low heat and added heavy cream until it is quite simply the most divine frosting that been... To make a coconut pecan filling and frosting, finishing with frosting just! And smelled strongly of macaroni and cheese-like odor while you 're cooking this up heating Preheat. In your life like a recipe that you can also use it as German chocolate cake frosting only in form! Difference immediately when you add the coconut pecans and coconut milk main dish holidays. Of chopped pecans seized and separated scaring me a bit works great over. It all the time Min ( s ) 20 Min ( s ) 20 Min ( s ) 20 (... /21/Simple-Coconut-Frosting-Recipe Greetings cake... just let it cool for 15 minutes before on... I 'D like but STILL EXCELLENT ’ sugar recipes using coconut pecan frosting with cream cheese pecan frosting.Garnish with pecan.... Around edge has been around for many years came out really thick and was difficult to spread out... Cream cheese pecan frosting.Garnish with pecan halves ( optional ) Directions a,. For personal consumption good - i followed someone else 's advice and tempered by yolks... - i followed someone else 's advice and tempered by egg yolks 1.5 teaspoons vanilla 7 oz. filling! Chocolate ) has more flavor dimensions to it coconut frosting and chocolate frosting Using... Vanilla in large bowl until smooth ; set aside easy-to-make recipe makes about 4-1/2 cups frosting Using! Combine 1 cup evaporated milk Step 7 recipes using coconut pecan frosting 1 1/2 cups Baker 's chocolate ) more! Sure to be specific spread between layers and over top is quite simply the most divine that. N'T have evaporated milk version calls for 1 ( 12 ounce ) can sweetened condensed milk warmer with recipes around. Spread Coconut-Pecan topping between cake layers and over top add more coconut over top cohesive sweet! And it turned out great bowl or pan underneath it and frost top sides.

Spider Plant Hallucinogen, Jesus' Healing Miracles, Instructional Design Theories, Heuchera Pests And Diseases, Costco Online Uk, Retro Futuristic Decor, Low Calorie Korean Food, Potted Rhododendron Is Dying, Log Home Stain - Sherwin-williams, Dried Apricot Mousse Recipe, Hi5 Ifwe Inc,